Flyboard vs Flydive – 3 things to consider
The hydroflight sport industry has evolved to become one of the fastest growing segments in the on-the-water sports category in the last 5 years. In that five year growth, a lot has changed. The technology has come of age and a few top players have emerged as worthy competitors in a crowded marketplace.
The top two manufacturers of hydroflight boards (jet ski powered strap on boards) are Flyboard out of France, and Flydive in California. There are significant differences in these two manufactures so lets do a deep dive to see what’s what.
1. Deck Construction
Flydive X-Board™ Flight Deck
- All metal parts: Aluminum, finished with top of the line Type III “hard coat” black anodize
- All screws, nuts, and bolts: marine grade stainless steel
- Bearing Balls made from Delrin, A hard, slippery, non-water absorbing plastic
- X-Board™ Float Shell: Durable, impact resistant PolyEthylene Foam filled
ZR Flyboard Pro Flight Deck
- All plastic parts: Molded plastic deck and jets
- Standard stainless nuts and bolts
- Standard Bearings
- No float shell
2. Parts Availability
- All parts are listed and available for immediate ordering from our USA based warehouse.
- Parts are distributed from European based location.
3. Ease of Flight
The X-Board’s lower foot-to-bearing height and wider stance provide maximum stability for faster learning for beginners and higher performance for pros.
Adjustable Nozzles: Change the diameter, orientation, and angle; forward or backwards to optimize the use and compatibility with your PWC power.
We invite you to see for yourself the advantages of the Flydive X-Board. Come out for a pre-sales flight and we’ll refund your test flight upon purchase.